Updated: Sep 10, 2021
I hope this letter finds you well and happy. I wanted to communicate to you what the procedures are if your child has close contact with an individual in our school that tests positive for COVID-19. Once we are notified of an exposure, we will be sending an email with the following information along with the date of the positive test. I am thankful to be able to attend school even if there may be restrictions at times. Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe and healthy in times of uncertainty.
Your child does not need to quarantine if they meet the following criteria
· They are fully vaccinated (2 weeks after their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine)
· Your child and the positive person were both wearing masks at the time of exposure
· They have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days
· They were wearing a N95 or KN95 mask, even if the person who tested positive was not wearing a mask
If your child does not meet the previous criteria, your child should be quarantined following one of the guidelines below:
· Quarantine at home for 10 days
· Quarantine at home for 7 days and then test on day 7. If that test is negative, and your child does not have symptoms, they may return to school
· Wear a mask at school for 10 days
· Wear a mask at school for 7 days and then test on day 7. If that test is negative, and your child does not have symptoms, they no longer need to wear a mask.