Updated: Sep 10, 2021
** The first week is behind us and things are going really well. The drop-off at the west building has worked great and seems to go pretty quickly. I hope it has been for you also. For your information, when the 8 AM bell rings, we put the flags across the road and classes are dismissed with their classroom teachers. If you arrive after 8 and the flags are across the road, drop off your child at the building their core class is located in. As you drop off, make sure you pull as far forward as possible so those behind you also have room for drop-off.
** For pick-up, we are making the following adjustments for points 1, 2, and 3. These points will now be combined and children waiting will need to watch for their rides. When you enter to pick up in the cul-de-sac of the east building, please fill in wherever a spot is available and we will help your child find you. If they are paying attention, it should not be too difficult. I think this will help with some of the congestion as you arrive to pick up your children.
** If pick up or drop off is driving you crazy and you just don't want to deal with it, here are a couple of options that may work for you.
1. Drop off or pick up your child on the trail on the Northside of Center Street. We have a crossing guard that will help them cross Center Street either before or after school. Please know that supervision will not be provided along the trail and anyone needing to cross Center Street must use the crosswalk.
2. For pick-up, you may want to consider coming after 3:10 because generally most traffic has already left by this time and the wait would be very minimal.
I hope these suggestions are helpful to you. Most of all, please be patient.
** Along the lines of Sickness prevention, I wanted to let you know of some of the things we are doing to minimize the potential spread of any germs or viruses that may be present in our school buildings.
1. All building air filters are rated to stop viruses including Covid-19.
2. All classrooms have air purifiers in addition to the building ventilation systems.
3. Both buildings are fumigated each night to eliminate any viruses.
4. Sinks, Light switches, door knobs, and other high touch surfaces are cleaned and sanitized each night.
5. Masks are available for anyone wishing to wear one.
6. Hand sanitizer is readily available in classrooms and throughout the school.
I hope this information is helpful to you in knowing what we are doing here at our school. Thanks for all of the kind words of encouragement and the trust you have given us to educate your children.
Mr. Porter Principal Timpanogos Academy